The Worship Director will be charged to ramp up both the Musical Worship Arts and Technical programming to create environments that will stimulate participation, growth, and connection among the diverse congregation gathered and to a target audience of young, multi-cultural families.
He or she must be able to build and oversee musical production teams of musicians and vocalists and the technical teams. He or she must be flexible, entrepreneurial, and passionate in their role and be able work collaboratively with the Lead Pastor and Executive Leadership.
The successful candidate must be excellent at developing leaders who duplicate and develop other leaders, while bringing depth to music and creative teams. They must have excellent musical and technical ability and be a visionary who has the capacity to strategize for future multisite opportunities.
The position is a key leadership position that requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing arts director but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry.
The Worship Director will provide leadership in creating a culture that encourages musicians, singers, and technicians to develop their talents to glorify God through participation in all forms of worship celebration. He/She will possess a developed knowledge of range of worship music along with demonstrated competence vocally.
The Worship Arts Director will be the de facto “Producer” of each worship service and special programs. Although the senior pastor is the “Executive Producer” in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the Worship Arts Director will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. The Worship Arts Director must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God.
A bachelor’s degree in Ministry, Creative Arts, Music, or a similar field is preferred. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, proactive leader who is comfortable with a high level of involvement. The successful candidate will have had 3-5 years of ministry and worship leadership experience.
Lead/facilitate worship in the weekend services and certain other church-wide events. Schedule and lead band/vocal rehearsals for weekend services.
Attend meetings as assigned, including:
- Weekly Staff meetings
- Worship experience Design / Creative Team meetings
Weekly music ministry tasks:
- Lead weekly Worship Team Rehearsals for Vocal, Band, and Tech
- Assist with the selection of songs for worship experiences
- Produce (oversee production and continuity of) weekend service song slides
- Create or procure chord charts of worship songs and/or special music selections asnecessary
- Create or procure audio programming, loops, click-tracks, etc. as necessary
- Assist with other Worship Arts elements (scripts, staging, design)
- Assist with web-based administration of Worship Arts Ministry using Planning Center Online
- Upload schedules, set lists, charts, audio, etc. to Planning Center Online
Weekly online campus tasks:
- Oversee video production team who records, edits, and finalizes weekly online campus services
- Participate in online campus video announcements
- Approve weekly online campus service
- Create online campus worship content
Leadership, initiative, team-building, coaching, and development skills:
- Recruit, shepherd, and manage teams of musicians, vocalists, technicians, both paid andvolunteer
- Evaluate for excellence
- Proficient knowledge of music and music theory
- Proficient instrumentalist and/or vocalist
- Oversee audition process for band/vocalist servant opportunities
- Proficient in leading a band rehearsal
- Keen ear for music—“director’s ear”
- Recognize and adapt to large and small group dynamics
- Possess solid time management skills and organizational abilities
- Build, Manage and Equip Worship Team Department
Desired proficiency with the following software packages:
- Planning Center Online
- MultiTracks, Playback
- Church Community Builder (CCB)
- ProPresenter® or similar lyric display software
About Vacaville, California
Named one of the Most Livable Cities in the United States, Vacaville, CA has it all: good schools, centrally located, and a small-town charm perfect for families looking to put down roots. A day tripper’s dream, Vacaville is within reach of San Francisco, Napa Valley, multiple beaches, snow sports destinations, hiking trails, and campgrounds.
About New Life Church
Located in the suburbs of the San Francisco Bay Area, New Life Church is a welcoming place where families are valued and kids are treasured. Our vision has always been to reach our unique community, which is multi-ethnic and longing for a purpose. Stats show that 50% to 66% of people in our area do not have any religious affiliation. If you share our heart in wanting to reach a diverse group of people with various faith backgrounds, then we can’t wait to hear from you. New Life Church is a part of the Church of The Nazarene and aligns with their doctrine and statement of beliefs (www.nazarene.org).
How To Apply
1) Prepare and upload a video link of you leading in a congregational setting onto YouTube or Google Drive.
2) Send your resume and the link of your video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Thank you for prayerfully considering employment with us. We will follow-up if there is a match.