Biblical fasting takes a lot of discipline and strength—strength which you can only receive from God. Your private discipline will bring you rewards in Heaven, says Matthew 6.
When you give God your first through fasting, prayer and giving at the beginning of the year, you set the course for the entire year.
Why should I fast?
- Are you in need of healing or a miracle?
- Is there a friend or loved one that needs Salvation?
- Do you need the tender touch of God in your life?
- Is there a dream inside you that only He can make possible?
- Do you desire a deeper, more intimate and powerful relationship with the Lord?
- Are you ready to have heightened sensitivity to the desires of God?
- Do you need to break away from bondages that have been holding you hostage?
- Do you desire to know God’s will for your life?
BIBLICAL FASTING FOCUS
1 TIMOTHY 2:1-2 “I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.”
ROMANS 12:1 “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service.”
MATTHEW 6:33 “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
ISAIAH 58:6 “[Is] not this the fast that I have chosen to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?”
There are several types of fasting. The one you choose is between you and God. He will honor your best sacrifice.
Drink only liquids (you establish the number of days between now and Easter—April 16).
The Daniel Fast
Eat no meat, no sweets and no bread. Drink water and juice. Eat fruits and vegetables.
3-Day Fast—set a time between now and Easter.
This fast can be a Full Fast, Daniel Fast or give up at least one item of food.
A partial fast is from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm or from sun up to sundown. You can select from three types of fasting —a Full Fast, Daniel Fast or give up at least one item of food.
For more detailed info on fasting here is a link: http://bit.ly/2nFlKCC